A: In my opinion, no there are no moral grounds for what God did to Job. I understand why he did it, but I think that God was a little harsh on Job for not doing anything wrong. Yes, God was testing Job but he didn't have to kill his family, all his livestock, and make him very ill. After all, Job had no clue why all of this was happening to him, and God expected him to still praise him after he had done this, and if not, praise him more. I think that God could have done something less drastic to prove his point to the angel, and even though Job was compensated for his loses in the end, money, land, and possessions can only bring so much happiness.

I thought this was a funny picture of "God's wrath"
I partially agree with you on that "God was a little harsh on Job", but also we have to think from Job, or Chirstian's point of view.
ReplyDeleteYes, there waere no such moral grounds from our point of view, non-chirstian. But, I could understand that if I were a Christian, as we always here from church, everything was from God, and it is God who takes that back, and Christians also would believe that the family will be in heaven.
But, overall, there were no "humanly" moral grounds, I agree.
I also agree that what God did to Job was not right. No one deserves to be punished for something that they didn't do. He may not have been giving to the poor or going to church for the right reasons, but there was nothing horrible that Job did that gave God any right to punish him.
ReplyDeleteI agree with you MK, I think God was a huge jerk to Job. Everything he did was unreasonable, and just to prove to an angel (who is supposed to be of lesser status), that people worship him for the right reasons.
ReplyDelete