Thursday, January 21, 2010

Holocaust Lecture

The thing that really struck me about the holocaust lecture was the amount of art that the Jews created while they were in the concentration camps. Like the professor was saying, it is hard to imagine that these people would actually have the will to illustrate what was happening inside the camps. I found it also very hard to believe that they had the energy to do such a thing, especially after the way they were treated.

3 comments:

  1. I completely agree! The fact that these people had enough energy to do anything in the time that they were not being subjected is quite honestly miraculous to me.
    I do however believe, that if you have enough passion to do something then you can overcome most any hardship for it. For instance, these artists clearly wanted everyone outside the camps to know what was happening to them and those around them. They knew that they were documenting something extremely important for the rest of the world, and risking their lives too!
    They are a lot braver than I am, and I think that is just astounding.
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree... I never could have done what they did.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also agree. It is amazing all the different kinds of art that were created during the Holocaust. I don't think i could ever be able to sit there and draw all the awful things that were going on at the time.

    ReplyDelete