
Before attending the lecture of Job, I was under the impression that Job was a pretty innocent man. I believed that Job did not deserve what God did to him, however, after listening to Professor Kather's lecture about the book and the art that goes along with it, I learned that Job's actions were not a true reflection on his character. Instead his actions were based on his appearance and reputation. He did "good deeds" because it made himself look better, not just because it was out of the kindness of his heart. These points that Professor Kather raised made me second guess my original thoughts on Job. I started to think that he sort of deserved what God did to him after all. I mean he was just faking his appearance and reputation anyway. One should give to the poor, and feed the hungry because they want to help. Not to make themselves look better.
No comments:
Post a Comment